We will go over the causes of thin edges, the dos and donts.
Here is a list of possible causes of thinning edges: perm, weave, aging, pregnancy, postpartum, surgery, hypothyroidism, permanent illness like iron deficiency, scalp conditions, improper food intake and excessive styling of hair.
The does to avoid and treat thin edges
– Massage the hair scalp to increase blood circulation as blood flow brings nutrients and oxygen to the scalp, which aid in growth.
-Oil massage the hair with growth oils like castor oil, rosemary oil, Vitamin E oil, Avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.
– Avoid the edges when applying makeup or skin care products
– Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase or with a satin or silk bonnet to retain moisture in your hair and avoid hair breakage
The donts for fuller edges
– Don’t wear tight hairstyles
– Don’t use glues, adhesives and wig caps (they prevent your scalp from breathing)
– Don’t use tight satin bonnets
– Don’t use brushes and edge control gels. Leave your edges alone.
Annie Christine Emilcar